Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Heritage Turkey and Bacon!




With Thanksgiving coming up I thought I would see who if any peeps are going with a Heritage Turkey. We are getting a 16lb fresh Turkey delivered on the 24th. I am very excited about that! I will post the rest of the menu as soon as soon as it comes to me. Here is the link for where we purchased ours: http://www.heritagefoodsusa.com/

On another note, I got my bacon curing tonight. I am using a local Organic farm, called Thundering Hooves. As soon as it is done curing and then getting smoked with applewood I will post some photo's. Should be about 7-10 days. It was a 4.5 pound fresh slab. It just gets me thinking of the day that our Mangalitsa Hogs (thats them in the photo) will be ready to slaughter. Probably next fall, so for now I can only drool thinking about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment