Monday, January 18, 2010

Wines from the Weekend


So this weekend I was fortunate enough to be able to try some pretty cool wines at a couple different places. First at the Ranier Club in Seattle, I had Andrew Will 2000 Sorella out of a 18 liter. Pretty cool, presentation, I have a photo of the bottle, but there is some incriminating evidence attached to the photo, so you will just have to take my word! This wine still had ton's of fruit and great color, the tannin and acid worked together perfectly.

Secondly, I did a dinner at a private residence in Seattle and we had quite a line up.
1999 Dom
2007 Dusted Valley Old Vine Chardonnay
2002 Matthews Red Wine
2004 Napa Valley Reserve (Harlan Private Label)
1999 Harlan 1.5 liter
1987 Groth 1.5 liter
2006 Dusted Valley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
2006 Colgin Syrah
1990 Matthews Port

Unbelievably not a clunker in the bunch, they all were amazing! I probably won't ever get to try some of these wines again so am thankful that I had the oppurtunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment